Please visit the WORSHIP page for more information
Mills River Presbyterian Church, located at 10 Presbyterian Church Road
sits prominently on a knoll
overlooking the Mills
inviting all to come and worship. With more than 150 years of service to the cause of Christ, the Church sees the
Century as a wonderful opportunity to present the “Good News” of God’s
everlasting love to all humankind just as it has done down through the
years. The Church has a history of fellowship and serving the
community, a calling of giving which continues today.
WORSHIP Sunday Services 11:00 am Communion First Sunday each month - All invited to participate Adult Sunday School 10:00am Children's Education and Child Care 11:00 am
A Message from Presbyterian Church U.S.A.
Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion
of the Holy Spirit, we trust in the one triune God, the Holy One of Israel,
whom alone we worship and serve.
God comes to us in free and undeserved favor in the person of Jesus Christ who
lived, died, and rose for us that we might belong to God and serve Christ in
the world. Following Jesus , Presbyterians are engaged in the world and in
seeking thoughtful solutions to the challenges of our time.
Presbyterians affirm that God comes to us with grace and love in the person of
Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and rose for us so that we might have eternal
and abundant life in him. As Christ’s disciples, called to ministry in his
name, we seek to continue his mission of teaching the truth, feeding the
hungry, healing the broken, and welcoming strangers. God sends the Holy Spirit
to dwell within us, giving us the energy, intelligence, imagination, and love
to be Christ’s faithful disciples in the world.
More than two million people call the Presbyterian Church, (U.S.A.) their
spiritual home. Worshipping in 10,000 Presbyterian congregations throughout the
they engage the communities in which they live and serve with God’s love.
For more information, visit http://www.pcusa.org/
HISTORY The Mills River Presbyterian Church had an early beginning
in a small log church erected on 10 acres of land given by Colonel James
Brittain. In 1830 a two-story building known as the Mills River
Academy replaced the log
building. School was held on the first floor and Church on the second floor.
The arrangement continued until 1908. This was the first Henderson County
Throughout the years, improvements were made to the Church
which included the addition of Sunday School rooms, choir loft, manse, and the
Fellowship Hall. In 1955–60 we
celebrated the one hundredth birthday of the Church by burying a Time Capsule
in the cemetery containing many pictures and articles of the day which was
opened in 2009. The
improvements indicate a healthy and growing church and are an important and
necessary part of Church History. But also included in the History are the
present and former members, the changed lives, the mended hearts, the love and
compassion shown others, the Bible study, the many prayers said, and the hymns
sung in praise.